I can get what you are trying to say with your post about the lack of stylized females in video games. I know people give George Kamitani a lot(and I do mean a lot) of flack for the way he designs his female characters due to his love of over exaggerated characters but I really like how he designs his characters. I makes the game feel more live in my opinion.
I would go into how I feel about DmC but I won’t. If you like it then it doesn’t bug me.
Kamitani wins more often than he fails, in my opinion. Admittedly I have only played maybe 10 hours of Odin Sphere (not my cup of tea), and Dragon’s Crown looks… um… I don’t really know, but he’s definitely good at his job. It’s kind of like what I said about Fran in FF12; if people are going to keep drawing sub-believable, sub-practical, super-sexy stuff, it ought to at least be well designed, and Kamitani reliably delivers on that front.
I do like DmC! I have more problems with the female characters’ role in the narrative than their appearance.
23 Notes/ Hide
- lemonsquar3 likes this
- tentaclerotica reblogged this from costumecommunityservice
- oracleofink likes this
- lanie100 reblogged this from costumecommunityservice
- lanie100 likes this
- cutewxtch likes this
- utterlystumped likes this
- darryqueene likes this
- blindsprings likes this
- lefrin reblogged this from costumecommunityservice
- ones-inspiration likes this
- csikes likes this
- bishoujo-world-order said: I love the way he draws women, I hate the way his women are animated in dragon crown/ a lot of the time
- briandanielwolf likes this
- lucineandtheraptors likes this
- thebrigeedarocks likes this
- shatterlands likes this
- agentizzy353 likes this
- ewokpillowtalk likes this
- lady-zemmy likes this
- sundryaddams likes this
- heyhocloudy likes this
- markquestion likes this
- lamonticus submitted this to costumecommunityservice